Product minded generalist and full stack software engineer with many years of proven track record in delivering quality production systems through the complete software development cycle; from ideation and validation, to requirement specifications and working software. Analytical, direct and play well with others.
Senior Software Engineer2020 - Present
- Migrated from PHP Laravel monolith to microservices deployed on AWS Lambda.
- Upgraded crucial services in user authentication system, subscription management, billing services from legacy to modern vendor solutions with zero service disruption.
- Implement monitoring across microservices and clients with Sentry and standardize log format for tracing requests across AWS CloudWatch.
- Develop features and fix bugs for backend services on AWS Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, SQS, RDS, Personalize and web platform with React on S3.
- Manage infrastructure configurations on Route 53 and CloudFront.
CTO and Software Engineer2013 - 2020
- Worked with internal team to design and build the productivity tools including a claim and customer workflow management system, a data analytic platform and bots.
- Built ETL data pipelines and advocated relentlessly for data-driven decision making.
- Developed safeguards and protocols to reduce risks of cyber security breaches including company training, process development and advocacy and configuring access level controls.
- Budgeted and negotiated with IT providers on service contracts.
Product Evangelist and Head of Sales2011 - 2013
- Managed client and investor relationships and promoted our product at tech events and meetups.
- Advocated for clients and worked with product development and marketing teams on feature prioitization and marketing strategies for our equities trading platform.
- Performed platform services manually during incidents to ensure zero service disruption (and acquired a stockbroker license for this).
Product Trainer2010 - 2011
- Launched a new business development initiative and was product owner to repackage global products for regional clients.
- Spoke frequently at events about our products and was sought after as a legal software trainer and speaker at seminars, chambers and law firms.
- Wrote automation scripts to collect and analyze marketing statistics and built a sales reporting tool to save time.
- Received an employee award for excellent performance.
Marsu Web Services
Founder and Software Developer2006 - 2010
- Founded a web service company to build and design mobile apps on iOS, Android and web, including a traffic condition app, a location-based service for local businesses with reviews and ratings, a sleep cycle app, and an expenses sharing calculator.
ASTRI (Applied Science and Technology Research Institute)
Firmware Engineer2005 - 2008
- Worked on high-definition streaming technology specifically on electronic programming guide, picture-in-picture functionality and Chinese subtitles encoding in C on embedded Linux.
- Liaised with clients as the technical consultant to their R&D teams, gathered requirements, wrote technical specifications and fix issues on-site.
- Use for most backend services, ETL and automation scripts
- Using mostly React now, having built services in Node.js and frontend with Angular and vanilla JS
MySQL 5.7+, PostgreSQL
- Can join tables and stored procedures, likes to optimize queries and normalize tables
Go, Typescript, Bash, C, PHP, Ruby, VBA, HTML, CSS
- Can make things work when needed
- Knitting, Arduino, Fushion 360, cooking